Creamy Crunchy Lentils & Saucy Salmon
Cooking time: 30 mins
Note: the lentils are best when they are soaked overnight before cooking
Guest post @eyediblefood
This is literally one of my favourite healthy and delicious meals. packed full of fibre, protein, nutrients and so much goodness!
Green lentils 150g
Salmon fillets x2
Asparagus approx 8-10 stems
Green & Red pesto x1 tsp of each
- Soak lentils in plently of water for approx. 8 hours
- Add 2 Tbsp coconut oil into a heavy bottomed pan and heat medium high then add lentils. Toss and stir to coat the lentils in oil
- Roughly chop 1 small handful of mixed parsley and coriander leaves, add a pinch of salt and 2 Tbsp olive oil then rub into each side of salmon fillet making sure the entire fillet is covered.
- After the lentils have warmed through and started to brown, Add some chopped jalapenos (optional, or instead add cayenne pepper)
- Warm a skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and lay the salmon skin-side down, away from you (to avoid splashing)
- Add 1 Tsp of red pesto and 1 Tsp green pesto to the top of the salmon. Lower the heat to a medium flame
- Turn over the salmon once the bottom has started to brown and turn the flesh opaque
- You can add asparagus to the skillet at this point too
- Chop 1 soft avocado and add it into the lentils, kneeding in either with your hands or large spoons, this will add creaminess and hold the lentils together. Toss everything through and finish with some fresh lemon
- Plate up lentils with the salmon, garnish with coriander and parsley leaves, a wedge of lemon and a couple of asparagus stalks for a colourful, nutritious and extremely satisfying meal
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.