Miso Glazed Sweet Potato With Spicy Tofu On Crunchy Kale
A brand new recipe that i made for the first time this week.
This is the perfect date night meal, deliciously tasty and presented to impress.
The sweetness of the potato coupled with miso glaze and cashew butter, creates the most deliciously nutritious and easy meal. As for the tofu, whoever said that tofu is boring and tasteless, hasn't tried cooking it like this- just the right amount of spice on a bed of crunchy kale. This meal is truly delicious.
Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 40 mins
1 large sweet potato (or 2 smaller)
White miso paste
All purpose seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 180deg
2. Sweet potatoes
- boil for 15 mins
-then place in the oven to bake for 20-35 mins until soft, depending on their size
3. Prepare miso dressing
- Mix 3 Tbsp white miso with 1Tsp cashew butter and 1 Tbsp sesame seeds and place in a small oven proof dish
-Place dish to the side and ready to put in the oven for the last 10 minutes of the potato baking
- Warm 1Tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan (preferably a griddle pan)
- Place small cut pieces of tofu into the frying pan and dress with 1 Tbsp cajun spice, a small sprinkle of mixed herbs and 1tbsp all purpose seasoning
- cook for 15 mins, flipping pieces regularly
- Line a baking tray with tin foil
- place 2tbsp coconut oil onto the tray and load on the crispy kale. Cover the kale with a lot of chilli flakes and sea salt. Shake well before placing in the oven
- Place in the oven for 5-8 mins only until slightly golden green and crunchy, shaking a few times throughout to ensure it doesn't burn. (Be careful, the kale can burn very easily)
6. Runner Beans
- boil runner beans in warm water for 10 mins
- Dress with sesame oil and sprinkle on sesame seeds
- Fry in a pan for a further 5-10 mins on a low heat until slightly crunchy
7. Dish up
- Once the miso paste has been baked for 5-8 mins, remove from the oven and scoop the paste onto the sweet potato
- Plate up the Crispy kale, with the tofu loaded on top
- Add the runner beans to the side and sprinkle more sesame seeds on top
There it is... A super impressive, delicious and nutritious vegetarian meal
x Enjoy x
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.