Spicy Prawn & Creamy Asparagus Quinoa
Another absolute favourite of mine, this dish is perfect for a healthy summers dinner, packed full of flavor and goodness. Get ready for a treat, this really is delicious.
X Love lilly X
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Prawns of your choice
All purpose seasoning
1/2 vegetable stock
1. Measure 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water
2. Add 1/2 vegetable stock cube to the boiling water
4. Place quinoa into a saucepan. Cover with the water and bring to the boil, adding a pinch of salt and pepper
5. Bring to simmer for 15 minutes as the quinoa cooks, intermittently stirring both
6. Test texture after 15 mins and continue to simmer or drain
7. Once drained and cooled, add a finely chopped avocado to the quinoa, mixing thoroughly to form a soft texture
1. Preheat pan with 1 Tbsp coconut oil
2. Add prawns to the pan before adding 2 Tbsp all-purpose seasoning and 1Tbsp Cajun spice
3. Continuously stirring, add a squeeze of lemon (be careful- this can spit back up from the heat)
4. I recommend to cook for 6-8 mins before allowing to simmer for a further 5 mins (depending on how you like the texture of your prawns)
1. Pan fry asparagus in a griddle pan in 1Tbsp coconut oil and a squeeze of lemon on a low-medium heat for approx. 4-6 mins
2. Once the asparagus is cooked, grill the halloumi in the same pan for approx. 3-5 mins on a medium heat.
x Dish Up & Enjoy this delicious dish x
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.